The senior black belt in the CQB Kajukenbo Club is me, Dave Jones.
Our club trains in a modern Reality-Based Self Defense (“RBSD”) Kajukenbo system which was developed and taught to me by Mike Griffin. Simply put, this means we do mostly full contact, scenario-based training without any of the traditional martial arts “bells and whistles”, such as kata. We study the laws regarding the justified use of force and train only with practical weapons that you are likely to have or find on the street. We hit instead of pretending to hit, we fight back instead of pretending to fight back.
Our lineage contains a lot of elements and contributions from several recognizable names in “martial arts” history.
“There is a big difference between training against a resisting opponent and training with a partner who is pretending to resist.” — Dan Tyrell
Mike Griffin has since moved to St. Petersburg, FL so if anyone in Florida wants to learn martial arts, MMA or self defense from the Real Deal, then I can give no higher recommendation than Mike Griffin. Mike has probably forgotten more about real fighting and productive training than most people — including many of those who expect to be called ‘Master’ — will ever know.
As for rights & copyrights, unless otherwise noted or covered by other rights or licenses, all material on this site (including most videos and pictures linked to on other domains) is owned by Dave Jones of the CQB Kajukenbo Club and is under a Creative Commons license: CC BY-NC-SA 3.0
All other posts, images, videos and related media are the property of their respective owners, and does not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of Dave Jones or the CQB Kajukenbo Club. Simply put, “CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 US” means the training material and documentation on this site which was written by Dave Jones is free to use by the public as long as a few requirements are met:
1) Do not use *our* emblems/logos/graphics or materials in a manner that implies we endorse you, your students, your school, etc. without permission.
** Certain logos such as the Kajukenbo crest/Coat of Arms is effectively in the Public Domain and you are free to use them as you wish
2) Do not sell *our* material or package it in some way to make a profit without permission
3) Always give me credit when you use our stuff, no matter why or how.
4) Anything you do with our stuff must also be freely and publically available and you must License it accordingly.
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 United States (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 US)
Under the following conditions:
- Attribution — You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
- Noncommercial — You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
- Share Alike — If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.
With the understanding that:
- Waiver — Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
- Public Domain — Where the work or any of its elements is in the public domain under applicable law, that status is in no way affected by the license.
- Other Rights — In no way are any of the following rights affected by the license:
- Notice — For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this web page.